Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Shoot for the moon" is potentially dangerous advice...

You have to be careful when offering advice to people. You never know if they are going to be intelligent enough to properly apply it, let alone comprehend it's meaning. For example:

"Someone comes along and offers you seemingly innocent advice and the next thing you know you are in jail for assault with a deadly weapon. I mean honestly people, you have to be very specific when you tell a person to do something. Why in this life would I think that it was just a stupid saying that meant to set big goals and give it your all trying to attain them? ...Whatever that means.
At any rate, here I sit, cooling my heels in a cement cage that reeks of unwashed stink from what smells like the 80's. 
What happened you ask? Well, it all begins with some fool offering their best advice to me in a serious tone.
"Hey kid...ya wanna know my best advice?...Shoot for the moon and you'll go far in life."
So what did I do? Well, naturally I went and got my daddy's rifle and went out looking for the fullest moon I could find. One .22 round in a large, hairy plumber's cheek later and I'm in jail facing assault charges. They tell me it was a good thing I have bad aim because at the angle I hit my target it only blew the majority of his left cheek off. 
I guess that's what I get for listening to the advice of a guy with only 5 visible teeth and an enormous hairy gut hanging out of his beer stained wife beater. 

But I'll tell you what...I won't ever do that again."

 See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment