Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Open Mindedness" = Hypocrisy

I detest hypocrisy. I believe it is the height of ignorance.
You'll have to forgive me humor is set aside this time...but I promise it will be back. ^_^

When people say to me that I am "close minded" or "judgmental" for simply stating what I believe to be truth according to the Word of God, is that not in itself a judgmental and close minded statement? It's hypocrisy. If you decided that a person is close minded for not sharing your beliefs, are you not doing the exact thing you described? You are being close minded to my way of thinking, are you not? 

EVERYONE is close minded to some degree. If you say there is nothing wrong with abortion but there is something wrong with opposing it you are doing the exact same thing the group of people you are opposed to are doing. 

Is legally forcing people to not pray in school any different than legally forcing them to pray?  Nope.

For example, let's say an Atheist says they are offended by hearing me pray and takes me to court to prevent me from praying anywhere they could possibly hear it. In turn, I am offended by their complaint, should I then take them to court over it and try to legally prevent them from disagreeing? My praying and their overhearing is not forcing them to do anything...they are free to walk away. HOWEVER their seeking to have it legally mandated that I cannot pray DOES force me to do something. How is that equality? How is that balanced? It is not, it is equally as "close minded". It is wholly hypocritical.

Being "Open Minded" means that you have to accept "Close Mindedness" lest you be considered "Close Minded" about "Close Mindedness". Funny isn't it.

If people were to be completely 100% open minded there would be no penalty for ANY action. NOTHING would be a crime because nothing would be wrong it would just be "different" or "diverse". By making anything a crime you are being close minded to the ideas of the perpetrator. Making you...yup that's right...a hypocrite. If you are to say my beliefs are close minded then you must then admit that by definition yours are also. You cannot preach open mindedness and yet not accept every action or thought of any other person. And that my friend would result in total chaos. Which is a topic for another time. lol

How is my saying that "If you do not believe that Jesus is the son of God and accept Him as your Lord and Savior then you will not go to Heaven." any worse than anyone else saying "If you believe that then you are a bigot and a horrible person and you shouldn't be allowed to say that!"? The fact is, it isn't.

What is acceptable has become simply a matter of whose voice is louder. If that's how it's gonna be then I am gonna SCREAM IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS FOR ALL THE WORLD TO HEAR! BECAUSE I AM NOT AFRAID OR ASHAMED OF MY SAVIOR AND HIS TEACHINGS AND NOTHING ANYONE SAYS OR DOES WILL EVER CHANGE THAT!!! And all the hypocrisy lovers out there can put that in their pipe and smoke it!

No comments:

Post a Comment